Thursday, January 24, 2013

A QUICK LOVELY SWAN PAINTING

Last summer, my partner and I travelled to Rockport, Mass.  We spent a week and then visited my son and his family who were in the process of moving to the Boston area.
One afternoon, we walked along the ocean shore in Rockport.  There was a small inlet with just one swan swimming in circles.  He (or she) was very gentle and complacent.
As I watched her swimming, I felt very peaceful.  Sometimes it's good to be alone, just "being", thinking and enjoying the sunshine.
I did this painting in Paulette Cochet's class at the Alpine Community Center.  The first thing we did was wet the whole watercolor sheet and then (leaving areas white), come back with blue, yellow and light red primary colors.  When I looked at the area of white, the swan just seemed to fit in there.  I had a photograph I used as reference....and there he (or she) is.

No comments: